January has ended. Have I accomplished anything I had hoped to do in January?
- Write regularly? Nope.
- Read regularly? Nope.
- Practice my violin regularly? Nope.
- Clean out the front hall closet? Most of it – Check.
- Finally get the kitchen clean? For the most part – check.
- Revamp the way I eat? I’m working on it.
- Start exercising by at least walking? I did one day, and then it snowed and sleeted. But I did one day. Does that count?
But there were tasks that weren’t scheduled that got done.
- My studio is almost organized.
- My office has had some organizational attention.
- I am learning to cook with spice.
So I sit here tonight, January 31, wondering what I want to accomplish in February.
- Write regularly! (Yup, it is on here again. But this time I want to identify some clear specifics: post on this blog 3 times a week and on “The Mirror Lies” 3 times a week – write to the prompt for my prompt club earlier than the day of our meeting – work on the novel idea I had for NaNoWriMo 2014 for 30 minutes a day.)
- Read regularly! (Again! I want to be reading each and every day.)
- Get the financial records completed for our trucking company. (This is a must since we have now entered tax season.)
- Get all the family history information gathered together in one area of the house.
- Develop a list of household renovations and improvements that need to get done in the next two years.
- Return the family room area of the house to a family room rather than a storage area.
- Exercise at least more than one day.
- Continue to eat clean and healthy.
So as I crawl into bed and sleep my way into the beginning of February, I have to work at focusing on accomplishing my tasks.