Living a happy life is something most people think they want. BUT, do you really want to live a happy life? I mean, really?
There are a few problems with living a happy life.
- You have to smile. And, since it takes fewer muscles to smile than it does to frown, you will be burning fewer calories.
- Some people will think you are happy 24/7. They don’t realize that happy people do have down moments. It’s just that their recovery from the down moments takes less time.
But the pros with living a happy life outweigh the cons.
- Happy people are open-minded and accepting of others.
- Happy people are satisfied with their life. Yes, they have goals. Yes, they are motivated. BUT, when you are satisfied with your life, you do not look at others and wish you had what they had. INSTEAD, you look at your life as a journey and determine what steps you need to take to get to where you truly want to be.
- Happy people don’t buy into gossip. Gossip is exhausting. Gossip is judgmental.
- Happy people use positive self-talk.
- Happy people know how to deal with stress.
- Happy people use manners like saying please and thank-you.
- Happy people tend to be creative. Notice I didn’t say creative people tend to be happy. They are definitely not the same thing.
Living a happy life may be an adjustment for you. It usually means that you will have less stress because you know how to deal with the stress. It usually means that your day will not drag on and on.
So, smile. Only you can determine if a happy life is something you want.